We had a busy weekend...On Friday, we went to Wilmington to pick up my mom for a fun filled Myrtle Beach marathon weekend. We arrived in MB around 3 and checked into our slightly run down beach front motel. Although it didn't have the best amenities, they allowed Sammy and Dooley to stay and we did have a kitchenette with a full fridge, which came in handy for our left overs from Olive Garden after my "carb loading" before the race. After dinner we went to K-Mart to pick up some sweet Everlast sweat pants ($6) that were dubbed "hotel pants" so that I could wear them to the start line before the race and then take them off once started.
 |
| Showing off my pre-race get-up |
The race was my best yet! The weather was perfect in the lower 40s and sunny! It sounds cold, but when running 26.2 miles it feels really good! I ran a good race starting out slow and ending fast. My second half was faster than the first. I finished in 3:00:46, so I qualified for Boston (qualifying time 3:05:00)! I have been trying to qualify for over 3 years now and I finally did. I have to wait until Sept to hopefully sign up to run in Boston in April 2014. We also got to see some tiger cubs that were at the race to cheer me on. Here are some photos from the race:
 |
| I did it! |

We came back to Wilmington after the race and got to hang out with Davis, Lissa, and Liam. He is really cute and is excited to meet his little cousin in 4-5 months!
See you in MA next April!!
ReplyDelete